Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Festival of Colors and Bollywood

So I'm exhausted, and yet, I'm on my computer, so I thought since I just downloaded my pictures from the Festival of Colors I will add them. So Saturday night was amazing, it all started with the festival of colors. Imagine thousands of people, thousands of little bags of colored flour, and crazy hare krishna music. The little kid in the picture at the bottom was awesome. Before it all started, his father would give him a handful of color and he would run up to someone and throw it at them. I got hit right in the face with a lovely purple color. Fantastic.
After the festival, I had the opportunity to hang out with some girls in my ward and we watched "Bride and Prejudice", for those who don't know it is the bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice. It was absolutely fantastic, and I highly suggest anyone who hasnt' seen it, to rent it or something and watch it. Bollywood movies are fantastic, I have seen a few in my life, and each and every one of them just makes you smile. My brother introduced me to a great one called, "Lagaan." I might have to rewatch that one sometime soon. Anyway it is always nice to be able and sit with a bunch of girls and just hang out. I haven't been able to do that much since high school, and I forgot how much I missed it. So my new resolve is to try and get all of my friends together for just a hang out night again. We do this on occasion, but it proves to be very difficult to get 7 22 year olds together. But if I'm leaving the state, it is going to happen before then.

No comments: