Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life is strange especially how songs relate

I think the human body is amazing, as I am interested in medicine and such the more I learn about it, the more I am absolutely amazed with the complexity of the human body. For instance, last night while playing soccer at FHE I realized that I had developed a stye in my eye. Now for any of you who may have had the unfortunate chance of having one of these, they are not pleasant. And the fact that this one is probably by far the worst I have ever had, so in addition to the fact that my eye was watering uncontrollably, which in turn caused my nose to run, then add in that my hair doesn't go in a ponytail very well, this soccer game was very interesting, however I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well I woke up this morning and basically couldn't see out of my eye, it hurt a lot. Add in the the watering of the eye and the running of the nose, it made for not the most pleasant morning. Especially since I had to take my last test of the semester other than finals. So I wasn't quite ready to take it, but the pain I was in and the discomfort I was in, I decided to just take it. So I enter the testing center, and wouldn't you know the minute I sit down, the running of my nose decides that it is ready for the 200 meter sprint and I didn't have any tissues, so I greatly apologize to the people around me for the uncontrollable sniffing I did. I didn't even look over the test twice, I just went through and got out, and I have no idea how I did, but I couldn't handle it anymore. So I went to work and got a hot washcloth and laid on the the floor with it on my eye. And surprisingly enough it worked rather well, it is only 3.5 hours later and it is feeling much better. Hence again amazing how the human body can heal itself so quickly.
I have always been a big fan of music, I like to play it, sing it, listen to it, whatever. Almost weekly I find another song that I really like and another one that relates to my life. So here are a few of my recent favorites: So Small-Carrie Underwood, Realize-Colbie Caillat, Born to Fly-Sara Evans, Lost-Micheal Buble. Those are the ones that relate to my life at this point in life, maybe not the whole song, but a line or a verse. You should all become familiar with them.
Lastly I have decided it is time. Time to do the things that I am scared most of, but know that I must do in order to get over something or learn what will happen. I think some of you may know what I'm talking about. Doing hard things is good for us.
This post might not make much sense, but I needed to waste some time and so here it is.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

ITS TIME!!! yes. i agree. :)

Kirsten said...

p.s. good songs. i love them too. "If you'd just realize, what i just realized".... (dramatic sigh)

Rachel said...

I don't know what you're talking about, am I too misplaced in this world? Do I need to be re- assimilated into life at the BYU?

Good songs, I agree. Sties are never good, especially when your baby has them :(