Friday, April 11, 2008

Rice Crispy Treats and a Cake

For my History of Creativity project this semester I am making a wedding cake for Henry VIII. So I started thinking about this some time ago, and have all of the accessories to the cake ready, and last night I started the actual cake. Now making a three tier wedding cake isn't the easiest job in the world, three layers of cake is a lot. So after talking with some friends and family, I decided to make the bottom layer out of rice crispy treats, and the second layer is going to be a dummy cake, and then the top is going to be a white velvet cake, (I found the recipe online, and it is supposed to be very very good). So last night I made the bottom layer, I used 2.5 bags of marshmallows, and 7/8 of a bag of malt-o-meal crispy rice. I ended up having to make three different batches in order to fill my big round pan twice. Today I have to make the top layer and frost the whole thing. Can you imagine how much frosting that is going to be? But honestly I'm kind of excited, this is going to be a fun experience for me. I get to use a cake carousel to frost it, and it is going to be fun. However I need to get it all done tonight, I have to turn it in tomorrow morning, and I kind of want to have a social life tonight. But anyway, this cake is going to be amazing and I'll post some pictures when I'm done with it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Too bad that I'm not there, you could use my cake caddy and all of my really cool cake decorating tools! Definitely post some photos.