Friday, May 9, 2008

Needing something...

It has been some time since my last post, and as I was finishing up my cleaning check tonight I realized it was time to write again. I'm not exactly sure what to write, but I need to write so we will see what comes out.
The age I'm at gives me a lot of me time, I'm going to school, and working. But I work by myself many days, and I don't have a lot of homework, this has made me realize that although I have some problems and some major stresses in my life, doesn't mean that I need to forget about all the little things that I have.
I at times feel alone, I work by myself, my roommates are all very busy people, my friends are flaky and busy people, and I've never had the type of relationship with my family that I wish that I did (but i'm working on it). But when I really sit down and think about it, I have amazing people all around me. And whenever I really need someone, someone comes through. This is a reoccurring testimony builder for me that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that he knows me and is looking out for me. This is a comforting thought in my many alone hours every day.
I need to work on putting myself out there. I've never been the one to start the party all by myself (if that makes any sense). I sit while others are talking and just listen, I don't put in my two cents, all the thoughts that race through my head. All of the comebacks, or comments that come into my head normally just stay there. I think I need to work on saying what I'm thinking. No matter what the situation. I'm gonna work on that.
Today at work, I had about an hour before I had to TA a class, and I had some work that I needed to do. Therefore, I needed the few stragglers from the class before hand to leave the room. I had already warned them twice that I needed to close the room up, and I had let them stay an extra 20 minutes. And it isn't as if they were working on anything, a few students were in the back of the room talking to one professor, while another professor sat at a computer in the back checking his email. So I finally got the nerve to ask them to leave. This guy sitting at the computer then proceeds to get really upset with me, he said that by not letting people into the instruction rooms at times when they weren't being used for classes was a complete waste, he said that I had no right to kick them out, and a whole heck of a lot more. And he definitely wasn't nice about it. It was one of those situations that makes you feel uncomfortable and just plain sick to your stomach (I'm sure most of you have felt this way at least once). I really didn't know what to do about the situation, and now I was having a terrible day, so I just nicely repeated that I needed to close the room. As he walked out of the room, I heard him say some jerky comment under his breath.
Now this made me think, who is this guy, and why would a professor at BYU get upset with a student employee for them doing their job. This guy was a royal jerk, and I want to thank him publicly for making my day so wonderful. It makes me wonder who his mother is, and why she didn't send him to his room a little more often.
So those thoughts are not at all connected, but most things in my mind aren't. ADD or something, who knows. That is what I'm thinking about tonight though. And yet I'm still needing something...

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

what a jerk.. i'm glad i didn't have to kick him out. i would have cried. not to mention i can think of multiple reasons why they should NOT be in the rooms. ugh. i feel upset for you.

Rachel said...

I bet it was that Professor Denning . . . he thinks the world of himself and is oh so belittling. Oooh how I despise that man.