Thursday, June 12, 2008

Intramurals

I love sports, and I love intramurals. I've been doing intramurals here for the past four years, and I have yet to win a championship. I've gotten to the final game at least 8 times and gotten close at least 8 other times. This is a very frustrating situation for me. I just want a t-shirt. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult, but for me it really is. In fact, I am in a facebook group called, I'm NOT an Intramural Champion(I'm hoping to leave this group soon). Tonight is just another chance for me, and I think that this time, I might just get the shirt. We would have to lose two games tonight to the same team in order to not get the shirt. Now I know that this seems like a no way can we lose situation, but it has happened to me before, twice to be exact. But we did beat this team last night, so I think that we can do it. And this makes me super nervous.

Who gets nervous for intramurals...me. I may be the only person to get nervous for intramural games, but it's true. I get so nervous. And this is a good and bad thing. It makes the sitting/standing around part really hard, but I think it might make me play better.
For instance last night's game, I finally got a great hit, I've been waiting for the past month to get a good hit, and I did it, and I even ran really well around the bases, but unfortunately only got to third base. I'm gonna blame it on the big sand trap that was around 2nd base. It was a great hit though, and I'm hoping to hit like that again tonight.
A semi-funny story from the game last night, if you are reading this you probably know me enough to know that I love soccer. And instinctly I stop things with my feet all the time. I've noticed recently that I do it while playing ultimate if there is no way for me to catch, I stop it with me foot. Anyway back to the game, during the other team's last ups, we weren't doing so well, there were a lot of walks going on, so we really needed to get an out. I was all nervous, and frustrated and what not, and so as I'm standing my post as second baseman I was ready for some action. The ball is hit to the right of me and low to the ground, so as I go forward to attempt to catch it, I realize that it is going to hit the ground a second before I can get there, so instinctively I stick my foot out to stop it without even thinking. The next thing I know, I feel my foot step on the ball and the ball stopping directly under my foot, as my body continues to go forward. I fall forward, realize that the ball is about 3 feet away from me where my foot stopped it. I jump up, grab the ball and throw it in to the catcher and she tagged the girl and we got an out. Now as exciting as that was, just imagine that happening. It was ridiculous and I got laughed at and congratulated for making such a great stop.
Anyway, that is all I've got for now, hopefully tomorrow I can post pictures of my team with our new t-shirts. Yay for intramurals.

No comments: