Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Running uphill

This is probably what I looked like....
After I struggled to run a short distance uphill today it got me to thinking.  Yesterday I ran 5 miles, no problems.  Yes the majority of it was downhill or flat, nevertheless I did it with relative ease.  Today I went out with a friend for a short 2-3 mile run, but not planning my run this time,  (and living on a mountain) the majority of this run was uphill.  After just the first mile, I thought I was going to die.  I was baffled, I ran 5 miles at a decent pace one day ago, and today, I can't even make it 1 mile up a hill.  This got me to thinking how this related to life.  When life is "easy" I just coast, everything seems to flow, and each day comes and goes with little consequence.  I don't think a think of it.  The days and weeks seem to pass effortlessly.  However, when hard things come up (imagine a hill), life slows down and it seems almost impossible to even get through the day at times.  What makes these "hills" so much harder, and why do I let them slow me down so much?  Great question.  I don't have an answer, and this may not even make sense, but I was thinking about it, so I thought I would type it out.  Why can a short uphill run have such a greater effect on my body (like making me want to just lay down and die), then a long steady run (which was actually enjoyable)?  Not even sure that made sense, just thinking out loud.
This is what I feel like some days, but this guy looks like he is getting through it a lot better than I do, I'd be on the ground crying at this point probably. 



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Friend
This is what the rule of life is..
To rise up in life we need to work hard(except for those who lucky). This is how god tests us. If climbing the hill would that easy and enjoyable, than you will not be different from others....

joeldavids said...

Sometimes Life Is Hard - Kristin
Sometimes we see things that aren't meant to be seen.
Sometimes things aren't always as they seem.
Sometimes we need someone to call our own,
Especially when we're alone.
Sometimes people just can't understand,
Why things get out of hand.
Sometimes life just isn't fair,
Especially when people just don't care.
And sometimes it's hard to say,
Why things have to be this way.
Sometimes it's all you can do to get by,
Especially when dreams continue to die.
Sometimes it's nice to sit in the rain.
Even to just relieve the pain.
And when we've had a really bad day,
Sometimes we just need to get away.
We never know what's wrong with out pain.
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

And sometimes when people get hurt,
Even the strongest ones may need comfort.

contactforhelp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

in Gebze Kocaeli quality lift home from home Our ??company offers transportation services are on sale you take advantage of our discount days.
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Darıca nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Gebze nakliyat
Pendik evden eve nakliyat
Kelebek nakliyat
Güzelyalı halı yikama
thank you very much for

Unknown said...

I like this post
short code sms service

onur cetinkaya said...

Your answer may be like this: Everyone can not reach the top of the hill. You need to effort to accomplish it. And if you want to rise up you should sacrifice. You should feel the pain of changing. Otherwise you will be always in same level. Good luck ;)

Unknown said...

Nice post and thanks for share your a good piece of content with us.Please check out my site also virgin media email helpline number

Ralph F. Couey said...

"Never make decisions when going uphill."

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mohamed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.