Thursday, March 20, 2008

Real Life after Graduation

I officially applied for graduating in August yesterday. After talking to one of the counselors in my college to make sure that I am eligible, two things happened. First, I started freaking out about the fact that I am graduating from college and I have to grow up and be a real person, and second, I thought of all the things I regret of doing or not doing over the past four years (this will be another thought another time).
So let's first discuss my first thought process. For the past 18 years or so, I have been in school. I have worked and what not, but everything has always focused around school. So now school is almost over and what am I supposed to do? Well the answer that everyone gives me is, do more school. And that is exactly what I want to do, but only problem is what do I want to do? i could go to nursing school, I could go to grad school in a number of areas. Which one is right? Well I am going to take the GRE this summer and if I do well enough, I'm hoping that I might be able to get into a decent school. My GPA isn't the best because of my problem with taking tests. I want to get out of Utah, but I don't want to leave. I don't' know what to do, and I really need to decide. People all around me all ready have a plan for their life, they know what they want to do, and they know when they want to do it. What is wrong with me that I have no idea. I've always had interest in many things, and i like to consider myself a fairly intelligent individual, although my grades might not say so. I do know the information and I do retain it. Which is more than I can say for a lot of other people. So I guess in the end, I am thinking grad school, and I'm thinking exercise physiology (it fascinates me). So I have to do really well on the GRE this summer and then pray hard that this is the right thing, and that through some divine intervention I will get into a school I apply to. And that is a whole different issue, which schools do I apply to? Being a real person is stressful.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't like being a real person sometimes. I think that you'll figure out what is best for you when the time comes. Just focus on graduating first (and studying for the GRE!).

Kirsten said...

in the words of our dear friend Zina, pick something you are passionate about! what is good advice for a research paper is also good advice for life. And you are still young enough that if your passion changes so can you plans. as for studying for the GRE...gross. thats something you'll have to do even if you aren't passionate about it. GOOD LUCK!