Thursday, June 2, 2011

May

May was a very interesting month for me. I had a lot of time to reflect and remember on things that have happened to me, and people I've known. So here are some of my thoughts from May.

First off, I kind of lost my faith in mankind a little bit after some experiences with some dishonest and very prideful people. But recently, I've had a few experiences that rekindled that faith. There are good people in the world, people whose motivations are pure and not evil. So thank you to those people.

Second off, I'm moving to Hawaii. It's beautiful. After a family vacation there, I think I'll just move there and live on the beach. Would anyone like to finance this endeavor?
Here are some more pictures from that trip.
This is the beach a block from our hotel.Hawaii Temple. Beautiful.
(We also saw Mark Eubank there, very exciting)

My cute niece sporting her hawaiian wear.
This guy was at the PCC in Tonga. He was hilarious.
He sounded similar to the guy at Wendys on Bulldog. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Okay, posting lots of pictures takes too long, so if you'd like to see or know more about my trip, just ask.

Third, this is probably the biggest one. I've been interviewing for jobs for the past 3 weeks. And this has gotten me thinking a lot. As I have had to answer questions about "do you recall a time when....?" It has got me thinking about my past and all the people who have given me "my experiences". So here are a few.
When I was a student I worked at the library, and I had not only an awesome boss, but fantastic coworkers. Kimball was one of the best bosses ever. I learned tons and had so many great experiences. One coworker in particular that was a great friend and an awesome person Kirsten. Just lots of good memories there.
While thinking about school, I had some fantastic friends who got me through some of the more difficult classes and times. Heather was always willing to spend hours teaching me physics (she's a genius). Natalie who single handed got me through Calculus.
Also all of my roommates I've had, I calculated one day, and wow I had a ton. Some of my favorites Tarin, Lorette, Jen, Katie, Liisa, Sarah, Natalie, Heather, Lisa, Kyla, Emily, Ashlee, Mer, Mel, Carie, Amber, Nicole, Scarlett, Emily, Melissa.

That's only naming a few. I've been very fortunate to have some amazing roommates and other friends and I'm very grateful for all of them. To name a few friends Maren, Hillary, Rachel, Marybeth, Bryan, Broderick, Steve, Sharla, Jac, Nathan, Ryan, Brian, Daniel. I'm lucky.

Well I can't add any more pictures right now, so I'm going to have to stop. But I've got a few more things I'm going to write about, maybe later today or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amber Lenora said...

love you!

Kirsten Smith said...

I'm jealous you went to Hawaii! Also, I agree Kimball was a pretty legit boss. I'm honored you mentioned me too! I think you are pretty awesome yourself. :) What are you up to these days? Where are you interviewing?? I like blog-stalking you and its hard when you don't post... so I'm looking forward to the rest of the things you want to share!

Danny and Tarin said...

I'm pretty excited that I was listed first in your favorite roommates :)