Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Bye Gallie

So after many months of strange stomach pain, I finally had Gallie (my roommates name for my gallbladder) taken out last week. It's amazing to me how a small sac attached to your liver can affect you so much. It's not even a necessary organ, and yet, just like your appendix can create all sorts of problems. I'm now safely on the road to recovery, and am having to remind my dad everyday that no I can't run yet. However, I can't wait to be able to be out playing in the sun (when it comes out again).
Other than the whole surgery thing, life is the same. Just thought I'd send out a quick update for anyone who actually reads this. I'll hopefully have something exciting happen soon, and I'll post that along with some other awe inspiring thoughts soon.

7 comments:

Amber Lenora said...

are you FREAKING kidding me?!?!?! you had it out. what the crap. you people are too alike. i miss you both. recover well. love you!

Nicole said...

Good bye Gallie, we will not miss you.

Merilee said...

What in the heck!? I had no idea! Well, I am sorry you are now missing such an essential part of you. However, if you are content, I am content.

Running without a gall bladder- did you ever hear of such nonsense?

Jeener Beener said...

Oh my goodness, good luck in your recovery! I have another friend who just got hers out a few months ago. WTF? Is this a common thing?

Sausha said...

Amy! Hi friend. I hope your recovery is fast and not too uncomfortable. Just be grateful they didn't have to remove something noticeable...like an ear, or maybe a nose...

danny.des.jack.nora said...

I had no idea mcveymose! I am sorry, recover well, and call me so I can tell you something depressing about getting your gallbladder out that I learned! :)

danny.des.jack.nora said...

I had no idea mcveymose! I am sorry, recover well, and call me so I can tell you something depressing about getting your gallbladder out that I learned! :)